Constrictor textile clutches
147,00 € – 168,00 €
The lightweight Constrictor textile clutch is also twice as effective as a traditional clutch. Non-aggressive, it protects your ropes from chafing and crushing while allowing simple, precise and safe release, even under heavy load.
Constrictor textile clutch | Cousin Trestec
The Cousin Trestec Constrictor® textile clutch is a non-aggressive system that preserves your ropes and thus considerably extends their lifespan. Three times lighter and twice as strong as a classic clutch, the Constrictor® textile clutch provides ease of use combined with flawless efficiency. It consists of a Technora® aramid fibre braid that retracts under tension on the rope and locks it instantly. The more tension there is, the more effective the blocking is, without ever damaging your rope. The release is easy even under heavy load (and can be done remotely): when operating the trigger system, the sheath retracts and releases your rope instantly.
- Non-aggressive friction locking that preserves the rope
- Easy, efficient and safe release
- Remote operation
- Lighter and stronger than a classic clutch
- The more tension there is, the more efficient the blocking is.
- The slotted hole on the base enables the Constrictor textile clutch to be positioned on the drilled holes of the previous clutch. So, it is not necessary to drill the support again (deck, roof, mast, etc.).
- Metal baseplate
- High tenacity black Technora® sleeve
- Dyneema® release line to unlock the clutch
- Five references from Nr 6 to Nr 14
- The Constrictor textile clutch is compatible with most existing ropes (except for ropes with a Dyneema® or Spectra® cover or chafe sleeve).
- Each Nr is related to the recommended rope diameter (for example: Nr 8 for a Ø 8 mm rope )
- Allow for a minimum of free length on the support (deck, roof, mast… equal to the length of the baseplate + length of the cover + 30 cm of elastic.
- Ino-Rope’s tip: for a faster release (spinnaker halyard), use a rope diameter smaller than the clutch one (for example: a 6 mm diameter rope for a Nr 8 clutch)
Learn more about the installation of the Constrictor textile clutch, ARTICLE and VIDEO HERE!
|Taille du bloqueur||Charge max / Taille de cordage||Poids total||Longueur de gaine|
|Constrictor N°6||450 daN / Ø 5 mm|
750 daN / Ø 6 mm
|155 g||55 cm|
|Constrictor N°8||700 daN / Ø 6 mm|
1150 daN / Ø 8 mm
|160 g||60 cm|
|Constrictor N°10||1200 daN / Ø 8 mm|
2200 daN / Ø 10 mm
|165 g||60 cm|
|Constrictor N°12||1500 daN / Ø 10 mm|
2800 daN / Ø 12 mm
|335 g||75 cm|
|Constrictor N°14||1800 daN / Ø 12 mm|
3700 daN / Ø 14 mm
|345 g||75 cm|
How cluttered will my deck be?
Partner rope makers: Lancelin, Teufelberger, Gleistein Ropes, Cousin Trestec
6, 8, 10, 12, 14
You may also like…
Embeddable Constrictor textile clutch147,00 € – 168,00 €
Multi-purpose rope, small diameter, Vectran® core and polyester cover0,68 € – 1,03 €