Dyneema® SK78 chafe sleeve – Thin – White
The 48-plait Dyneema® SK78 chafe sleeve with high expansion capacity. Ideal for making sheathed loops and strops or sheathing standing rigging elements not exposed to chafe, such as textile shrouds.If you want to add a chafe sleeve to a control line that is subjected to chafing, we recommend the use of thick Dyneema chafe sleeve, which is ideal for masthead sheaves.Dyneema is an extremely slippery fibre that should not be used in clutches.The Lancelin Dyneema SK78 48-plait chafe sleeve is slightly thinner than the 32-plait version with higher expansion capacity.
It will enable you to make loops more easily.
How to choose the diameter of your chafe sleeve according to your rope:
- Chafe sleeve: 06 – 10 mm for rope: 06 – 10 mm (08 mm max. if spliced)
- Chafe sleeve: 08 – 12 mm for rope: 08 – 12 mm (10 mm max. if spliced)
- Chafe sleeve: 10 – 14 mm for rope: 10 – 14 mm (12 mm max. if spliced)
- Chafe sleeve: 12 – 16 mm for rope: 12 – 16 mm (14 mm max. if spliced)
- Chafe sleeve: 16 – 20 mm for rope: 16 – 20 mm (16 mm max. if spliced)